We’ve purchased our Early Bird passes, and booked our rooms at the Hilton.
We’re looking forward to BronyPalooza, with Poni1Kenobi, The Living Tombstone, Alex S. and Silva Hound. (But, why aren’t Forest Rain and Glaze on the musician list?)
And we’re looking forward to the special guests, the VIPs, the panels (hoping for Lauren Faust, John “Q” DeLancie, Tara Strong and more). We’re hoping Las Pegasus Unicon will not have a negative impact on the ability of pony con’s to attract the talent and special guests.
Then there’s the artist gallery, with the plushies, the posters, the tee shirts, the figurines, the buttons, and all the other droolalicious pony swag there.
And of course, we’re looking forward to seeing the creative and colorful cosplayers, and maybe do a little cosplay of our own.
We have 5 months to save up the money to go. The kids are saving up their grade money, and my oldest even got a part time job. I’m selling things on eBay. We calculate it will cost us around $2,700 to go. So far we’ve saved up $700, so we need to get cracking.
My Son #1 is also creating pony music, with the FL Studio and Ableton music production software he got for Christmas. He’s been working on pony-inspired house tracks, and instead of working on remixes, he wants to start creating his own vocals. Now he wants a microphone. #momoney *sigh*
Right now he’s working on some My Little Remix’s Rainbow & Rooted projects.
And my girl has been working on her pony artwork – she’ll be 11 by the time August rolls around. Here’s a couple of her latest – Alicorn Twilight, and Fluttershy:
If you’re thinking about going to BronyCon 2013,
- Buy your passes online. Reserve your hotel. Arrange transportation.
- Register by March 16th and try your luck on St. Patrick’s Day for BronyCon’s Luck of the Lyrish giveaway. Winner will receive reimbursement for one standard 3-day admission.
- Submit your artwork by March 31st and enter the April Foal’s Day Art Contest. Winner will receive 2 3-day badges; 1 runner up will receive 1 3-day badge.
- Follow BronyCon2013 on twitter.
- Get your BronyCon video project submission in by April 19th.
So, we’ll post updates now and then, and in August, we’ll be in Baltimore with 6,000+ other pony fans. See you there!
Are you going? What part of BronyCon are you most excited about?
p.s. And BronyCon – how about updating your Guests page? Pweeeze?