It’s that time of year again – holiday time, autumn harvest, Thanksgiving, pumpkins. Time for baking! This is our favorite Pumpkin Cake – moist, delicious, easy to bake, and ALL the kids will eat it. Frost the whole thing with the yummy Cream Cheese Frosting, or only half, for the folks who like it plain. I also love this recipe, as it only makes a few dirty dishes: 1 bowl, 1 spatula, beaters. Easy peasy.
Have your little ones help with the measuring and pouring. But don’t them lick the cake beaters, due to raw eggs – the cream cheese frosting beaters, they can lick, and lick, and lick.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups (or 1 small can) of pumpkin
- Pull out your mixer, beaters, a large bowl, and a rubber spatula.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Then add gradually to egg mixture.
- Add pumpkin last, and beat well.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (no less).
1 stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese (I microwave it for 15 seconds or so)
2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar (a.k.a. 10x sugar / confectioners sugar)
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Gradually add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat well.
- Frost cake when it is cool (warm is okay, but if the cake is too hot it melts the frosting and makes it look weird).
Photo: by Pumpkin Passion.